Introducing Lisanne and Marie!

They will do their internship with the MCSS:


Marie,Sheril and Lisanne's first day together

Hi everyone! Let’s introduce myself first. My name is Lisanne and I’m from The Netherlands. I’m 24 years old and I got my bachelor’s degree in biology last year. Currently I’m enrolled in a master program called ‘Marine Biodiversity and Conservation’. At the moment I’m studying in a nice city called Ghent, Belgium. But for my internship I wanted to widen my horizon. Yes, we do have a sea with a coastline in Belgium, but it’s maybe a little bit less spectacular than the tropical ocean around the Seychelles. I’m interested in coral reefs, marine mammals, turtles, whales, but basically I have an interest for all fauna you can find in tropical seas.That’s the reason why I came all the way from The Netherlands to stay with the MCSS for the next 6 weeks. The perfect location to do research on the animals and habitats that interest me the most! 

Hi, I’m Marie Robberecht and I’m 22years old. I’m from Belgium and I’ going to be on Mahe’ from the 16the of april till the 2nd of june. I got my Bachelor degree in Biology in Ghent, Belgium and now I’m doing my master program ‘Marine biodiversity and conservation’ (Embc+). For the First year of this master program I studied in Ghent and we had to do an internship of 6 weeks. I have chosen to do my internship with the MCSS on the Seychelles, far away from where I live, because I’m very interested in corals, marine mammals sea turtle… and that’s is something that we don’t have in our small North Sea.
Soon Myself Sheril and the two interns will be participating in the reef check. This will take place on the fishermen's cove reef searching for visual evidence of reef health impacts. This is to have a better idea of the impacts on the snorkel trail to monitor.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A short story about corals #1

Happy 20th Anniversary to MCSS and ... Coral growing tanks opening!

Crown-of-thorns removal mission!